Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disable sensors on craftsman garage

Posted by uicnow (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 13:11

I am having the problem that a lot of people have in here.
can someone please tell me if it is possible to disable the eye sensors for the craftsman garage? Just like the other people in here I can open the garage with my remote but cant close it because one of the eyes got damaged when we accidently backed into (DUMMY) LOL<<< I can close the garage by holding it down from the inside but the remotes say no way...please let me know if it is possible to disable those eyes and if not how do I go about getting another eye and installing it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disable sensors on craftsman garage

You can't bypass the sensors. You need the model number of your opener to order the sensors. It looks like this: 139.XXXXXsrt2. You can get them at Sears or probably your local door opener dealer.

o

the door will not work if the sensors are not hooked up and working. where you install them is up to you...wink wink.

o

I've done that,above the door.Not too safe,though.

o

Hi, I have the exactly same problem as uicnow's. Hopefully, it is working after replacing one sensor. I noticed that one sensor is green, the other is yellow.

o

greatsky: the green light is the transmit light and the amber one is the receive light. if they are not on, the beam is out of alignment and the opener will not work.

John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here