Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Detatched Garage Resale Value

Posted by usernamerulessuck (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 12:52

I'm contemplating building a detatched 2 car garage in my backyard (in addition to the 1 car attached garage that I currently have), but I'm concerned that, upon resale of the house, I'm not going to get nearly what I paid for it...I'm thinking 50% if I'm lucky. Is my logic correct that it isn't going to add much value, or is it going to be worth more than I think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Detatched Garage Resale Value

I think you are pretty close to accurate, depending on your location. I would call a few realtors and ask their opinion. If you get extravagant you may get less. I looked at 1 house that had added a detached garage with office above. They spent like 70k when they were all finished. No way was it adding that kind of value to the home. I am adding one though and think I am doing all of it myself, I should get at least all my material money out of it if not more.

o
RE: Detatched Garage Resale Value

I wasn't planning on anything extravagant, just a garage...probably 20 wide by 24 deep.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here