Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brc21

Genie Door opener problem

brc21
14 years ago

Hi all

New to this forum but I thought this looked like a good place to start. I have a Genie screw drive door opener that has been pretty reliable for several years (4-5). It recently has started going back up when we close it. The lower limit switch is not causing it to stop so it hits the driveway and things it has struck something and goes back up. This is a very intermittent problem and sometimes will work perfectly for a couple of days then start acting up again. It has also occasionally only closed about 10 inches then gone back up. When this has happens it can be resolved by holding down the button (either car remote or wall switch) until it passes the point where it is reversing then it will continue to close My first thought was the circuit board (31184R) because every time I pull that board out and then reinstall it back the unit seems to work for a while. I have checked all ground straps and wires I can access and there doesnÂt seem to be any loose wires. Also it doesnÂt make a difference whether I am activating the unit from the wall switch or car remote. Any thoughts or advice would be be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment (1)