Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barns anyone?

Posted by cuddlepoo (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 9, 06 at 12:49

Well I suspect there have to be other people on this forum that are dealing with barns. I'm about to have a small (30x36)barn build for ponies and the other usuall things that go in a barn. Any barn input about what you did or didn't like in your barn? We'll be finishing things like stalls ourselves. It will be a shell with just the posts on the inside. We will have the hay loft door and will have to finish the loft floor ourselves.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barns anyone?

We never had a hayloft door. We cut holes in the floor of the loft over each stall and mounted hay mangers(that looks wierd sp?) We had a ladder on each side and never had to have hay on the ground in the way. You just climbed each side and dropped a flake in each hole, less waste by the horses too. We also cut a hole in the front of the stall over the feed buckets to dump feed in. Never know when someone who isnt real familar with horses might be feeding for you. Vacation, or sickness..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here