Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rusa7

Garage door does not open (trolley stuck)

rusa7
10 years ago

Hi all,
My garage door started misbehaving and finally stopped opening. The other day I closed the garage door but it opened up right away after closing. After a couple of attempts it stopped opening altogether.

When I press the opener on the wall the chain just shakes /rattles and gives up.

I have detached the door from the trolley and am manually lifting up the door to get the cars out.

The gear and sprocket looks fine. But I changed it out just to be sure but same behavior

If I disconnect the chain the motor rotates fine.

But if I connect the chain back all it does is the chain tightens up very hard but the trolley does not budge even though I have the garage door disengaged

The trolley is on garage door end (not on the opener end). I disconnected the chain and pressed the wall switch to make sure the gear rotated clockwise so that it would be as if garage door was closed. The garage door is still disengage. Then I connected the chain back and pressed the button on the wall to see if the trolley would reverse. Motor just hums and chain tightens up. Trolley does not move towards garage opener side.

Any idea what I should check for ? Should I increase the limits or the force?

This post was edited by rusa7 on Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 13:26

Comment (1)