Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Craftsman Remote Problem

Posted by moocow (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 13, 06 at 10:09

Please help,

I have a 2003 Craftsman 1/2 HP GDO. The previous home owner installed it and I have did not receive the user's manual and was given only 1 remote. My father (who just recently installed 2 Craftsman GDO's at his home) tried to program his remote to open my door. Unfortunately, the outcome was not what we desired and now none of the remotes work, nor does my car homelink work. I have tried to follow the directions on the back of the door opener to reprogram and reset the codes, etc., but to no avail. I know that the GDO is receiving a signal from the remote because the green light on the back blinks when I hit the remote button. The GDO also works properly using the "door bell" wired to the GDO. Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Craftsman Remote Problem

Beth try this. Press and hold the learn button on the back of the opener for 6 seconds. This will erase it's memory and you will be right where you are now. None of the remotes will work. Now, press and hold the button down on your remote and then press and immediately release the learn button on the opener. Let me know how this works and if you need help programming your cars homelink. Oh and by the way, your Dads remotes may not work with your opener.

Don

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here