Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Floor Coatings/Paint?

Posted by rdonchez (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 10:00

I have a garage where the concrete is beginning to corrode a bit - presumably due to salt from the cars in the winter as well as other factors. My thought was to try to apply some kind of paint/garage floor coating to the concrete to increase its durability and hopefully stop this process. Is there a recommended product for this? Also, is it difficult to do for a non-handy person? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Floor Coatings/Paint?

There are epoxy paints for garage floors. Rustoleum is one brand. They're advertised as a DIY product but only you can decide if the work is within your skill level. If you do go with one of these products, make sure you read and follow the instructions carefully with regard to surface preparation.

o
RE: Garage Floor Coatings/Paint?

I think one step above the Rustoleum system is the U-coat it brand that is also DIY. I have heard better reviews on the Ucoat it and hey Jay Leno has it in his massive garage.

Just something to look into.

Here is a link that might be useful: U coat it garage floor system

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here