Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryanstorm

Garage Experience Info

RyanStorm
9 years ago

I am looking at getting a garage built, and of course there is a dream garage, and a logical budget garage.

I wanted to hear from people who built theirs' but wished they would have done something they didn't, or stuff they are glad they did get.

Secondly, I wanted to hear if there was any part of the construction you wish you would have done personally, or any part of it that you would cut cost at.

Some info if you need it:
I was looking at an attached building, but with no direct entrance into the home. I wouldn't be able to build it on the side of the house with kitchen, and the other side is a room. So I would stick it out past front of house, and have a side door that attaches to a porch so I could walk to the front door from the garage.

We would probably park 1 car if it was attached, but either way, attached or not, it would mostly be used for a place to do projects and work on the cars, and store stuff. I really liked the barn style garages, because of the added loft above or if no loft, it does have good storage potential. I would really want it for some storage. Again that is another added cost that I probably ain't gonna do.

Comments (2)