Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sears garage door opener 139.53681B

Posted by susieqrn (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 08 at 21:43

my garage door opener has recently stopped working via the remote. the "door bell" switch is able to open the door. the switch is also flashing.

on my remote there are two other buttons, a large and small circle, one right above the other. what do they do?

and how do i get things back in working order?

tx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sears garage door opener 139.53681B

If your "door bell" button is the kind with 3 buttons, hold the 'lock' button in for 3 seconds and release. It should quit flashing and everything should work.

o

there are only 2 "door bell" buttons. the one for the right door is flickering continuously. not sure what i did. i can still open the door with the doorbell button, but cannot get the remote to work. there are three buttons on the remote, as previously mentioned. what do they do?? and how do i get things back in working order??

o

Try reprogramming the remote(s) for the opener that isn't working. The extra buttons are there so you can open more than one door.

o

how do i reprogram it. we had two separate remotes, both different for each door. the one has not been working for a long time and i believe needs a new motor.

the other one just suddenly stopped. the remote has the one large oblong like button that opened the door, and then also has circlular ones, below the aforementioned one, the first one larger than the second. what are they for.

is there any way to get a manual online??

susan

o

On the rear of your motor unit near where all those white wires go you will find the smart/learn button. First press and hold the button on your remote and then press and release the smart/learn button. This should program the opener.

o

you still have not told me what the other buttons on the remote are for, if you know.

o

i had the garage door open the power went out and i had to leave so i pulled the disconexct to closed the door but now it wont pick up the disconect wont move at all what is wong withe this thing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here