Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman GDO Remotes with Security+

Posted by kylie_shelby (My Page) on
Wed, May 10, 06 at 21:40

I have two garage doors.

In 2002, I purchased a Craftsman model 139.53975SRT1 with the Security+ feature. This door came with two remotes (model 139.53681B) and a keyless entry keypad. I have since purchsed another identical remote and a keychain remote (model 139.53680W), which were easy to program and have never failed to open the door.

Last month I purchased a Craftsman model 139.53985 opener for the other door. This one also has the Security+ feature. It came with two remotes (model 139.53753) and a keyless entry keypad.

I have tried to program the old remotes to work with the new opener and vice versa, but have not been able to get them to work. Instructions for adding new remotes are the same for both models of openers. I have tried programming from both the unit learn button and the premium control console on both units.

According to the manufacturer, I should be able to use ANY Security+ remote with either of these openers. I certainly don't want to replace the older (just over 3 years old) opener, but I only want one remote in my vehicle. I contacted both Sears and Liftmaster (the manufacturer), and both have given me the run around.

Any suggestions on why I can't program the remotes? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman GDO Remotes with Security+

I believe the radio frequency has been changed. There is a problem in parts of the country with the military reclaiming the frequency that has been used for years for door openers so the manufacturers have changed it. You might check the tags attached to each opener and see if the actual frequency is listed. I think it is. I also think you may have to get used to 2 remotes.

o

Thanks Don. I looked at both units. They both operate at 60Hz. Any other suggestions?

o

60 Hz is the frequency of the wiring in your home. The radio frequencies are up around 350 or 390 megacycles. You mentioned in your original post that you contacted Liftmaster. They are usually exceptional with their help. Try calling this number. 1-800-528-5236. This will get you connected to a Technical Support Representative for Craftsman openers at Chamberlain. It will probably help if you can be in the garage when you call and have your model numbers available. I would appreciate if you would let me know what happens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here