Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylie_shelby

Craftsman GDO Remotes with Security+

kylie_shelby
17 years ago

I have two garage doors.

In 2002, I purchased a Craftsman model 139.53975SRT1 with the Security+ feature. This door came with two remotes (model 139.53681B) and a keyless entry keypad. I have since purchsed another identical remote and a keychain remote (model 139.53680W), which were easy to program and have never failed to open the door.

Last month I purchased a Craftsman model 139.53985 opener for the other door. This one also has the Security+ feature. It came with two remotes (model 139.53753) and a keyless entry keypad.

I have tried to program the old remotes to work with the new opener and vice versa, but have not been able to get them to work. Instructions for adding new remotes are the same for both models of openers. I have tried programming from both the unit learn button and the premium control console on both units.

According to the manufacturer, I should be able to use ANY Security+ remote with either of these openers. I certainly don't want to replace the older (just over 3 years old) opener, but I only want one remote in my vehicle. I contacted both Sears and Liftmaster (the manufacturer), and both have given me the run around.

Any suggestions on why I can't program the remotes? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Comments (3)