Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener - Resetting?

Posted by chicat2001 (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 07 at 19:25

Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener - I have misplaced (or it was stolen) my second garage door opener and the instructions so I'd like help resetting, if I'm able to, a Model 139.53681B with 3 blueish buttons, I normally use the big the button to open and not really sure what the other 2 buttons do (a medium round and a small round).

Can anyone help me please? I had purchased/installed the unit in 2004.

(I apologize if it's in a thread ... I tried to find the answer and couldn't find it)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener

My garage door has been working fine for the past five years and yesterday I encountered the following problem: When the pad to open the door is pressed, the door opens about two inches then closes and opens back up, but only to the same two inch point. No flashing lights and I when detached you cannot pull the door open using the cord. Please help

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener - Resetting?

chicat2001 - You will find a button (smart/learn) just to the left of where all those white wires go. Press and hold it for 6 seconds. This will erase the memory in the opener and your remote should no longer work. Now press and hold the large button on your remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button. Your unit is now reprogrammed.

jbenford - Check for a broken spring on your door or remove the cover of the opener and check the drive gear. It is a white nylon gear just in front of the motor.

o

I just insatlled my new garage door opener. Evrything works fine. But it make continuos loud humming sound. Is it normal?? or something wired wrong??
Thanks

o

Not something I would consider normal. Call Sears.

o

Jairadhey,

I encountered this problem the other day, I ended up replacing the logic board and have not heard back from them since.

o

I know how to reset the door opener that you keep in your car, but I need to know how to reset the control pad that attaches to the house? Anyone know how. I couln't find the answer anywhere.

o

Chevychick do you realize the post you brought up is almost 4 years old? Are you asking about programming your keypad?

o

after installing garage door opener,the motor is overheating,and door only open and close halfway.When cool it will open and close all the way.
Can you help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here