Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsmen Garage Door Opener

Posted by tm4491 (My Page) on
Fri, May 28, 10 at 19:05

Hi,

My 10 years old plus Craftsmen garage door opener will open OK from any of the buttons, but will only go all the way down when I press and hold the wired button by the door. If I hit the button by the door just a quick once (and do not continue to hold it down until the door almost touches the floor) the door only goes a few inches before the light blinks and it clicks. The outside remote (also wired) does not work if I hold it down or just touch it once. Also, the car remote does not work if I hold it down or just touch it once. I tried changed the downward pressure to the max and it did no good. I have also closely examined the track to make sure there are no obstructions and the lights on the safety are both on and appear to look at each other correctly. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsmen Garage Door Opener

If the main light flashes 10 times when the door reverses it is a door sensor problem. Make sure the small lights on the sensors are on steady and not flickering ever so slightly.

If not you probably have a bad RPM sensor board which is a small printed circuit just in front of the motor. This is the circuit that senses when the door hits an obstruction. When it goes bad it acts just like yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here