Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage Door Opener won't close

Posted by tr6speed (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 18:12

I have a 1/2 hp Sears Craftsman garage door opener that will open with any of the devices, such as the wall mounted controller, the key pad, as well as the standard remotes and my homelink button in our Trailblazer. The problem I have, is it will only close with the wall mount controller and the key pad. However even with these you must hold the button until it is closed completely. The standar remotes including the homelink, will enage it, but it stops as soon as you hit the button and the light blinks. Holdong the button on any of these devices does not help. Also when it is open, the light remains on, until it is closed, which may be a few hours later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Opener won't close

If when you try to close it with the remotes the main light flashes 10 times and the door reverses to the open position it is a problem with the door sensors. Most commonly these get bumped and misaligned. They must be pointing at one another to work properly. They each have a small light and when properly aligned the lights will be lit and not flickering. Tweak them a bit.

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Opener won't close

Thank you very much. It turned out that one of the sensors was pointing slightly upward. I lowered it and the garage door works fine. That save me $230 on buying a new opener.

Again thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here