Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to remove drawer in Craftsman Toolbox

Posted by tropical_muse (My Page) on
Sun, May 21, 06 at 18:02

Something has slipped behind a drawer in my Craftsman (big red) metal toolbox. I can see it, but it's out of my reach and I'm unable to remove the drawer to get to it.

As a result, the bottom drawer will not close, and I cannot shut down the top and lock the unit.

There must be a way to get past the stop on the drawer so I can remove it but I have tried everything I can think of with no result...what am I missing?!?!

Thanks, Meg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to remove drawer in Craftsman Toolbox

Check on the side of the slides, there is probably something to press there that will release it.
Have you looked in the manual for it, if you don't have it, maybe you can find a copy at craftsman.com?

o
RE: How to remove drawer in Craftsman Toolbox

bas157, thanks for your suggestion, I managed to get the drawer out with help from lourock over in the Home Repair forum.

I really appreciate everyone's help!
Meg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here