Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Recommendation on Quiet Commercial Garage Opener

Posted by krj_bu (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 07 at 14:42

I live a 14 unit condo building, and our unit is directly above the garage door for the building. Since we have quite a few units, our developer installed a nice Liftmaster Professional 1/2 HP chain commercial trolley unit as our door gets used quite often. The problem with the unit is that it is extremely loud, and even the whole building can hear it, not to mention what we go through.

We're looking to buy a nice belt drive unit that will be able to withstand often use, lift a heavy commercial door, and that is as quiet as we can find on the market. Any recommendations on a top of the line quiet belt-drive unit? Also, what should we expect to pay for one of these for the building? Any other recommendations such as if a jackshaft is better or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Recommendation on Quiet Commercial Garage Opener

You can go here and get some ideas.

http://www.liftmaster.com/cw/products/commercial/0,1064,uid-iW53aGFpY2Vkaw==_1921,00.html

This is in my opinion the premium opener manufacturer.

o
RE: Need Recommendation on Quiet Commercial Garage Opener

We were looking at the Liftmaster Hercules model (HCT501130), see my newest post specifically on this. Any thoughts on this product? Will it really help in quieting what we currently hear? Also, how is $1500 for product and installation (with current unit trade-in)?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here