Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sears garage opener chain

Posted by yardvarkers (My Page) on
Wed, May 24, 06 at 14:35

I recently bought a sears model 139.53990D opener. I had an experienced company install it. After running it a few times the chain sagged a lot. I adjusted it and after a few more openings it sagged more. I looked at the header and it looks fine. The rail is sagging in the center. Any ideas what I can do or what happened? Thanks for any and all replies.
Yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sears garage opener chain

I would get those experienced installers back out there and show them the problem. If not, and the unit is less than 90 days old it is in warranty. Sears will probably charge you to correct an improper install.

o
RE: sears garage opener chain

I called the installers back. They came and blamed it all on the type of door and opener I have. They did try to fix the header that had pulled loose from their shoddy work and told me to not adjust the chain any more saying "it's ok for it to sag." BS. After they left I operated it twice and the header then had a 1 inch gap behind it and of course the chain was again loose enough to drag on the top edge of the door. I looked down the rail and could see a significant ammount of downward bow. I called him and only got a message. Later in the day he called and admitted it was a poor install! So he agreed to fix the header right and get the right rail for an 8' door and only charge me a total of what Sears would have charged which is $119.00 plus tax. I'll believe that when I see it.
Yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here