Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrical door opener

Posted by davestexas (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 11 at 14:21

I'm looking for suggestions for a method to install something like a garage door opener, but for a 4' wide wood fence gate. I want to be able to open the gate and ride though on my cycle and then have it close/lock. Any ideas? I appreciate all responses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrical door opener

I think this will be what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: gate opener

o

This is another gate opener that will use solar, or DC with a transformer. It also will open dual gates. Has a lot of options. Take a look at Amazon or just google. "Mighty Mule".

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

o

Thanks Don for the suggestion. I'll call a dealer and see what's needed/cost to install.

Thanks pointe man for your suggestion. I'll go to the local Tractor Supply store to see what I can learn after the 1st guy comes out and I have some information. Likely go with the Mule.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here