Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Sensor Problems

Posted by pkoost (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 13:20

I'm sure you have received many previous threads similar to this, and after reading them I still cant find my answer.

I have a 1/2 hp Craftsman garage opener, approximately 7 to 8 years old

The problem I am currently facing is with the sensors. I tried disconnecting the sensor wires, which i soon found out would not fix anything, as the garage door opener will not operate without the sensors. My sensor lights will not light up

I checked the wire to make sure its not loose or anything, and am under the assumption that the sensors may be bad.

I also reset the opener by unplugging it and plugging it back in. That did not fix the problem. I tried to the best of my abilities to align the sensors if they may be off a bit, is there any proper way to try aligning them?

I can close the garage by pressing down on the garage door button until it is fully closed then releasing, although my garage will not close via the garage remote.
Could someone help me please? really need my door to work!

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Sensor Problems

The sensor wires must be connected correctly for them to work. The 2 solid white wires go to terminal 2 and the 2 white wires with the black tracer go to terminal 3. You need to also make sure the wires are not broken anywhere. Alignment is not all that hard if they are working. You just watch the small lights. If the above is all okay I suspect your sensors are bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here