Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red button with flashing amber LED

Posted by selvan777 (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 10:53

Hi,

To the left of my Up/Down Force adjusters is a flashing amber LED with a red square button to the left of it, what is this about?

I just recently replaced the drive gear, if that helps.

Thanks
Selvan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red button with flashing amber LED

The LED that you see flashing is showing spurious signals. It will always flash randomly. If you watch it while you press your remote you will see it flash rapidly. This is all normal.

The button just to the left of that is to erase the memory of the opener or to program your remotes. Best be left alone if you don't need to do one of those functions.

o

Hi Don,

Those spurious signals, are they a security feature? Whereby each time the remote is pressed a different signal is sent to the opener, well, may be not every single time it's pressed.

Thanks
Selvan

o

It's really just junk radio signals that the receiver sees but they don't have the proper information to satisfy the brain.

o

I guess some junk is better than none, in this case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here