Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Up/Down Force Adjustment

Posted by selvan777 (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 10:49

Hi,

How do you properly adjust these things? How do you know when it's too little or too much?

I've searched the forum and found 5 results for "down force adjusting" and still don't get it.

Mine each have dial that goes 1 - 9 kg.

Thanks
Selvan
P.S. there is a flashing amber LED with a red square button to the right of them, what's that about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Up/Down Force Adjustment

The up force adjustment is not so critical and should be adjusted so that your door opens consistently. The down force is critical because it affects the safety of the unit. It should be adjusted as low as possible.

I answered your other question in your other post.

o
RE: Up/Down Force Adjustment

Hi again Don,

This is great, this is the best support site I have ever had experience with *****

After replacing the drive gear I noticed both the up/down force adjusters were set at 7 or 8 kg (the range is 1-9). Now I have them both at 1kg and it all works like a champ. Even the 2x4 laid flat on the ground triggers an automatic reverse.

Thanks a bunch
Selvan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here