Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sensors turn on lights, disable it

Posted by selvan777 (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 07 at 9:38

Hi,

I have a Craftsman 1/2 horse model 139.53962SRT

Question, this opener has a feature whereby the door sensors turn on the lights if the beam is broken, whether day or night, when the door is open. Is there a way to disable it, temporarily or permanently?

Interestingly enough, I just changed the drive gear yesterday and noticed that the door sensors stopped turning on the lights when the cover was removed. I looked to see if there were any wire(s) disconnected in the process and there were none, the lights just stopped coming on mysteriously. Sadly though, after reassembling the opener the lights are now back to functioning as normal.

Thanks
Sevan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sensors turn on lights, disable it

Hold the light button in on your wall control for 10 seconds. This will toggle this function on and off.

o
RE: Sensors turn on lights, disable it

Hi Don,

Man, even the GDO tech of Sears couldn't tell of a way to disable or change that feature.

You're the best

Thanks a bunch
Selvan
P.S. I will definitely post an update to the mirror trick for the sensors if and when I get around to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here