Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Genie Pro Max

Posted by alan123 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 07 at 22:02

Garage door begins to close then stops 1/3 of the way down. All was working fine until this problem. I have noticed the light does not stay on as long as it used to. When I hold the circuit board, it seems to work fine. Could it be the board? The opener is only 6 years old.

Model PCG700ML - Genie Pro Max.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Genie Pro Max

Does the door just stop or does it stop and reverse?? If it just stops, flip the cover down and you will see two black knobs. These are your force adjustments. Turn the down force up slightly until it is consistantly closing. If it is reversing, look at the photo eyes. One will be green (sending eye) and the other will be red (recieving) the red light will be blinking if they are out of alignment. If this is the case play with them until the red light glows solid.

Two things with genies, If you play with the sensors and light does not glow a solid red, the sensors are bad. Very common problem with genie.

Number two they are sensitive to sunlight, more so than other openers. SO is the problem occuring all the time or at a certain time of day.

Hope this helps

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here