Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Genie ISD 990 garage door opener trouble

Posted by Espressoforyou (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 21:27

Genie ISD 990 opener Remote model number is ACSCTG Type 3
The door opener is about 3 years old and I have been having trouble for one year. The opener works fine for a week and then will not work at all. The green indicator light is blinking once. To get the opener working again I have to turn the circuit breaker off and on. This method has worked until last week. Now I have to flip the circuit breaker several times and wait a while and it will start working again. Once working I can cycle through 4 or more times before it stops working. This time the green indicator light is blinking 3 times(over heated). Once cooled it works fine for a while and then will not open till I flip the circuit breaker.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Genie ISD 990 garage door opener trouble

It sounds like your motor is working very hard. Disconnect the opener from the door and operate the door by hand. It should not be heavy to lift and it should stay in place when released around waist to shoulder high. It may be time for some new door springs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here