Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage Door Opener

Posted by woody45 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 20:53

I have a Sears opener model 139.536151SR. The problem when I opened the door it kept going untill it hit a bolt,it did not stop. I thought it might be a limit switch problem I checked them they checked ok so I swapped the circuit board from my other opener. It did the same thing as before so then I thought I would just swap the limit switch assembly to see,that also didn't change anything either. I have an opener that works that I can use as test unit but I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Woody

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Opener

The up limit needs to be adjusted. The door should stop with the trolley about 4 inches short of that bolt in the T-rail. Usually 2 full turns of the up limit control in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover will fix this problem.

o

Don thanks for your input. The problem is I have adjusted the limit switches also I swapped the limit switch assembly
(includes the up & down limit switches) that didn't change anything. I also swapped out the circuit board with my working garage opener also no change. Something is causing it to not shut off going up. Any other ideas?
Woody

o

There isn't anything other than the limit switch assembly and the logic board. Watch the limit switch assembly as the door is opening and see if the contacts actually meet before the trolley hits the bolt. You might try cleaning those contacts with some emery cloth. Every function of your opener is controlled by the logic board. I would also trace the wire going to the up limit contact to make sure it isn't broken or has come loose.

o

Don after futher diag I found the terminal tension on the gray wire that feeds the limit switches was not tight. It was on the end that plugs on the limit switches. I should have caught that the first time I unpluged it.
Thanks again for your help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here