Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help choosing a garage door

Posted by ncounty (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 2, 09 at 20:33

I am deciding between 1)wood versus 2)steel (wayne dalton 9700) versus 3)brushed aluminum with frosted glass. My house is contemporary so the glass would look fantastic but is almost triple the cost at about $8500. Wood doors look great and start at $3500 for my standard double door size with new openers, drive, and installation. I am just concerned about the maintenance factor. would appreciate any thoughts and feedback.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help choosing a garage door

I've been looking at garage doors, too, and recently saw some beautiful contemporary style doors on the Clopay website (www.clopaydoor.com). Our home design calls for a traditional wood carriage house style door, but I love the contemporary ones. I believe they're offered through Home Depot, and when I called HD recently for a quote on a carriage house style door, they told me they're running a 15% off special on Clopay doors right now. Good luck!

Susan

o
RE: need help choosing a garage door

Maintanace is a definite factor with wood doors. There are many manufactures that offer the carraige house look without the maintance of wood. Check out the WWW.RAYNOR.COM. They are offering a rebate on insulated doors and if you get an insulated door you can also get a tax credit.

Don't purchase a door through Home Depot/Lowes. Contact a local dealer. The local dealers charge less, you can get it quicker, and the service is much much better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here