Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Sears Garage Door Opener....

Posted by kederb (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 3, 06 at 18:10

I have a Sears model 139.655 garage door opener. I have been trying to locate either a wireless or a wired coded opener to install on the outside of the door. Does anyone know if there is such a thing for this model or if there is an alternative? I really do not want to replace the entire unit, it works fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Sears Garage Door Opener....

There is more to your model number than you have given. There should be 5 or 6 digits after the period. If it is the model I think it is there is nothing in the way of a keypad. There is a key switch that can be hardwired to the unit but the problem is every crook and his brother know how to get into your garage if you have one of these. Do your remotes still work? Please post back.

o

Thanks Don for responding. Yes, my model number is 139.655000. I didn't think the zeros were important. The door actually works quite well. However, I probably need to upgrade but was trying to avoid that if possible. With grandchildren and all, I do need to get the electric eye stops installed.

o

kederb, I can appreciate your reluctance to upgrade. You have an opener that was the very top of the line in its day. The problem is safety. That old Rolls Royce opener you have could kill someone. I wouldn't think twice.

o

I do appreciate your response and yes, you are right. I couple of bucks is a small price to pay to keep my grandchildren safe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here