Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Sync Problem

Posted by garage_junkie (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 17:55

I recently purchased a house that has a Craftsman garage door opener. It has a key pad outside, a wall switch inside, and two remotes (one left with the house and one new one). Following the instructions in the manual, I reset the unit by holding the red button. After reseting I am only able to program either the remotes (both) or the outside key pad, but not both. They both work since whichever I program first after resetting will work but it won't let me program the other one after the first. Anyone have this before or anyone know what is wrong.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Sync Problem

It sounds like the keypad is either the wrong one or it has reverted to an earlier technology. Take the model number from the motor unit and make sure you get the right keypad. The model number looks like 139.XXXXXSRT1.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here