Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cecilepuck

Craftsman Garage Door Opener

cecilepuck
14 years ago

Hey guys, I read quite a few questions and responses on here and have to thank you for all your information and hard work doing this. I recently bought a house and funds are somewhat limited so I'm hoping my issue isnt just having to replace a garage door opener....if so I guess I'll have to do that in time.

Anyways, I have a Craftsman Model 139.53992SRT opener. Originally I would hit the light button (on the inside pad) and after about 5 minutes it would shut off until I had to click the button again. I unplugged the power and now the light stays on until I hit the light button. So I know its getting power.

It has an outside keypad but no handheld one's (or none that I found). The problem is the door won't open or shut at all. It is off the (pardon my wording) spring thing that moves so it opens and closes so I can manually open and close it with the pully. No sound coming from it. I thought it might have been the sensor, since I had to pick it up off the ground and hook it back onto the track. Still nothing. There is a button on the back of the unit and when I hold it down for about 6 seconds it shuts off but normally the little light stays lit. Any suggestions as to what it may be? I don't know the history of the garage door opener or I would give more information. thanks in advanced.

If needed I can also post pictures :)

Comment (1)