Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Doors

Posted by homeimprovementdiva (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 16:01

I'm looking into Carraige House style doors (steel) for the garage on the house we are building but I can't deceide between 3 manufactures. Any experiences?

Overhead Door
Clopay
Amarr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Doors

My Craftsman door (<2 yrs old) stops before closing & goes back up, light blinks like it's locked. Photo eye is one green & one yellow. Is this normal? I can't get it to even close at all now. Used to fiddle w/it (up/dn/lock/unlk) & it would go down but now no.

o
RE: Garage Doors

I have an older model Craftsman opener. I will adjust the chain to teeth on the sprocket so that the lever that engages door is lined up with the opening in the chain. Then when opener is used the bottom of door is cockeyed. One side is off ground about an inch and the lever that engages door to the chain is off about 2 or 3 inches again when released. There is sort of a bind on door from the one side being off the ground. When door is released with pull cord door will settle to the ground like it should. If keeps doing this after every adjustment. Door operates fine without opener. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here