Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air Compressor problem

Posted by lascatx (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 15:53

Gee, this isn't about a garage door -- hope someone can help me. ; )

I have an older Craftsman Air Compressor (120 V plug invariety) and it works well, but the boys were using it to blow up sporting equipment with a needle. The needle itself broke off, leaving the head of the attachment inside the nozzle of the compressor. We have tried everything we can think of to get the head out.

I took the whole thing to Sear's parts and reapir center to see if they could help or order a new hose assembly. They couldn't help and said the threads inside the nozzle were starting to strip. The hose assembly is no longer available.

Are there any other sources out there, or is it possible to have a new nozzle put onto the existing hose? Yes, it would be easier to buy a new one, but I have brought home 2 that do not work as well. Just want something I know will work and work well. Any ideas? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air Compressor problem

Cut the head off one of the ones that doesn't work well and then get a pipe that is the same inner diameter of the two cut hoses, slide that into each one with some hose clamps and you should be good to go.

o

I can't seem to get just the nozzle part and a clamp it on -- all I have found is the whole hose assembly and they don't have it for this machine any more. Where would I look to get the parts and how could I get it clamped on in such a way that it would stand up to the pressure on it? Would a bicycle shop or tire place be able to help me?

o

Farm implement stores or even the box stores have air compressor accessories, nozzles, fittings, and the like.

o

I'm a little confused as to why you can't just trash the hose in question and go to Home Depot and buy a new hose. They are about $10. They also have all kinds of fittings of different sizes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here