Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Storage Shed Questions

Posted by abernat (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 15:35

Thinking about building a storage shed.

Couple questions if anyone has an experience or advice.

1- I will be having a concrete base poured for it. should I leave any additional room around the shed? Or pour the base to the exact dimensions? I was thinking of having the based poured an extra foot or so around the shed, but then started rethinking myself on that due to rain/snow "sitting" on the excess.

2- More than likely going to buy on the pre-made "kits" - ie, one of those from HD/Lowes/etc. Any experience with these?

Thanks for any other advice someone might be able to give me.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Storage Shed Questions

Just like a house, the slab should match the dimensions of the shed. Depending on what you want, the size of your shed, and what local code requires, a concrete base can be optional.

Those kits can be useful if you skills are limited but typically they're not of the same quality as if you bought lumber and stick framed the shed.

Another option is a local shed company. I bought one and the price compared very favorably with building it myself. Assuming you have access to the spot you want the shed, they pretty much drop it in place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here