Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to replace a garage door, any advice?

Posted by prairiemoon2 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 13:39

I'd like to make it as painless as possible without spending hours researching what to know before hand, only because I end up doing that with so many things and right now I have a lot going on.

I have a garage door company nearby that I've seen a couple of positive reviews on Yelp. I've asked for them to come out and give an estimate next week.

He said he has Clopay, Everright, and Garaga which he feels is the best quality. That's it. That's all I know at this point.

I have a small single car garage that I just want something that will stand up over time, look good and operate without problems. Isn't that what everyone wants? [g] The old door was wood and the garage has siding on it. I don't think I need insulation or bells and whistles. I don't plan on installing a garage door opener, but I suppose it should have the capability of doing so. I wonder about steel doors that might rust. I plan on having them install it.

Anyone that has some experiences good or bad, or is aware of which is the best brand of door, would love to hear about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to replace a garage door, any advice?

Guess I'll try another forum.

o
RE: Need to replace a garage door, any advice?

prairiemoon2, did you ever get some advice? I am in the same boat as you and am looking for information and general guidance on garage door brands and their quality. Maybe by now you have replaced your door?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here