Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Need to replace a garage door, any advice?

I'd like to make it as painless as possible without spending hours researching what to know before hand, only because I end up doing that with so many things and right now I have a lot going on.

I have a garage door company nearby that I've seen a couple of positive reviews on Yelp. I've asked for them to come out and give an estimate next week.

He said he has Clopay, Everright, and Garaga which he feels is the best quality. That's it. That's all I know at this point.

I have a small single car garage that I just want something that will stand up over time, look good and operate without problems. Isn't that what everyone wants? [g] The old door was wood and the garage has siding on it. I don't think I need insulation or bells and whistles. I don't plan on installing a garage door opener, but I suppose it should have the capability of doing so. I wonder about steel doors that might rust. I plan on having them install it.

Anyone that has some experiences good or bad, or is aware of which is the best brand of door, would love to hear about it.

Comments (2)