Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
changing thermostat on car

Posted by annapaigesmom (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 11:23

anyone know where it is located? have a v8 engine on a 1990 chevy van, bought the newpart, now I need to install, any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: changing thermostat on car

Just follow the top radiator hose from the radiator to the engine block...here is where you should find the thermostat for your make and model of vehicle. The process usually involves draining (and saving) the radiator fluid. Take care with the fluid if hot and do not spill on the ground...it is very toxic to pets!

Remove the upper hose. There are usually two bolts holding on the thermostat housing. The thermostat should now come out. Pay attention to the position of the thermostat since they generally go in one way. Put back together using a new gasket. Put hose back on, fill with fluid. Check the fluid level occasionally.

My feeling is if you had to ask the location of where to find the thermostat, it might be helpful for you to find a friend who knows how to replace one.

Casey
"Sean McDonagh Racing"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here