Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
overhead garage door company question

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 8:59

We bought a home that has two OHGDC openers installed---LEGACY models. Are these good models and is this a good brand? We never had a garage before so I have no idea what I am looking at. Both work. My side is a little loud and makes a bit of a clunky noise. My wife's side is quiet and smooth yet I see the chain is not tight up against the rail that runs from the opener to the far wall where the door is. It actually hangs down. I have tried to find online manuals to educate myself as to what is right and wrong and have found nothing. Ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: overhead garage door company question

Overhead door openers are Genie openers with overheads name stamped on them. If they are working leave them alone. The legacy models do have circuit board problems so I would recommend you plug the openers into one plug surge protectors, otherwise when they stop working replace them with a Sears or Liftmaster opener. Don't spend the money to fix them.

To answer your question I would not install them in my house and do not recommend any one else installing them in theirs.

o

any other opinions?

o

back to considering replacements since my one remote is acting quirky as is a wall button. They are from 1995 so I was suprised at the prior comment. Anyone else care to reccomend a brand...or agree with the prior post...?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here