Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman garage door opener problems

Posted by magilla_53 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 08 at 7:48

I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage door opener, 3/4HP model 139.53990D. The door will open about a foot and then quits. I believe the obstruction sensors are working properly and there is no obstruction. The light sensors work and stop the door if there is an obstruction. I manually assisted the auto opener and the door will open to normal height. It will come down properly but only open a foot. This opener has built in diagnostics and no errors have been detected. The garage door is a nine year old Wayne Dalton sectional with the Torquemaster spring system. I checked and the springs are not broken and are set to mfg. specs for tension. Help?
Thanks, Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman garage door opener problems

On the rear of your motor unit you will find a control labeled 'up force'. Increase this and try.

o

PERFECT! The up force control seems to have cured the problem. I had to increase it almost to max force to get the door to open but it is doing the job. I'm not sure why it needed add'l adjustment but problem solved.
Thanks again don 1 2006 you saved me a service call.

o

I have a Craftsman 1/2 hp that is just over a year old. The last two nights when I came home my garage door wouldn't open with neither of my two remotes or the wall control (the green light was off). But each of the following mornings the garage door opener worked again. Can someone give me some advice as to what can be happening. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here