Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door 'Open' Indicator

Posted by mike_kaiser (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 5:13

I have a friend whose house/garage is laid out in such a way that there's no way to know if the garage door open unless he walks outside. That's not always a lot of fun on a rainy day. I want to say that I saw some kind of device that senses the position of the garage door and provides some kind of indicator light inside the home.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door 'Open' Indicator

I was looking for the same thing a while back and found a device at Sears. It is called a Craftsman Wireless Garage Door Monitor for $35. A search on the Internet will find you other manufacturers. I did not purchase it so I cann tell you how well they work.

o
RE: Garage Door 'Open' Indicator

I have one of the units that robert mentions and it works great. On mine there is an LED that blinks red when the door is open and is solid green when the door is closed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here