Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage Door Remote Works On and Off

Posted by jeepstudnaz (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 2:30

I have a sears garage door opener that is less than 10 years old. Just recently the remote began to work only part of the time. I suspected the batteries so changed them and not change at all. I read some of the forums and decided to buy an new remote, the new remote does the same thing. I tried reprogramming the remotes and still the remotes will work fine sometimes and others times it may open the door but not close it or may open it, close it and then when i return home it wont open it, so i have to go inside and open it with the wall switch. Then when the car is in it works fine again.....what is the problem??????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Remote Works On and Off

Could be a bad reciever in the logic board. If you stand underneath the opener and it works 100 percent of the time and quits working the further away you get then it is the reciever and the logic board needs replaced. On a long shot you might have some interference somewhere. This can be determined by remote not working at certain times of the day or with certain things turned on or plugged in, in the garage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here