Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 139.53629 remote problem

Posted by AAinFL (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 22:18

My remotes no longer open the garage doors properly. I have 3 doors. The doors all open with the manual switch on the wall. One door operates with a single remote. When I clear the unit's memory and try to reprogram, i get only a flashing LED on the unit; it flashes about 10-12 times before stopping. One remote operates the central door, the other remote cannot be programmed to operate the central door. The 3rd door does not operate from either remote. I have not tried the 1st door recently.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 139.53629 remote problem

I'm having a time figuring this out. Are you saying you have three 139.53629 openers? How many remotes? You want each remote to open all three doors? Why? Is the 1st door opener working or not? Have you replaced the batteries? Do you have wireless keypads at the doors and if so are they working? Have you had electrical storms or power surges recently?

o
RE: Craftsman 139.53629 remote problem

Yes, I have 3 garage doors and 3 remotes with 3 keys on each. Anyway, I managed to find the problem. I found a remote that works and programmed it to operate all 3 doors. Two of the remotes are going back and they work intermittently. I bought a new remote and everything works using it.

thanks, your forum was very helpful; it help me identify the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here