Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Programs Backward

Posted by jtinpa (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 18:02

I have a Chamberlain hd900d belt drive operator. The logic board went bad and chamberlain gladly sent me a new one covered under warranty. I installed it and now when I try to program it it appears to be working backward. That is, the black button is supposed to adjust the up limit and the blue button should control the down limit. they work opposite of that. Also the safety sensors reverse the dooor when the are obstructed but they do it when the door is going up and the door reverses and comes down instead of the other way around. I have checked the plugs connected to the logic board three times and everything appears to be correct. Does anyone have an answer for me? Chamberlain tells me that the board may be defective and they are sending me another. What are the odds of the new board that they already sent me being wired backward? Am I doing something wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Programs Backward

I don't see how you could have done anything wrong. Sure is a strange problem though.

o
RE: Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Programs Backward

I got creative. I reversed the motor plug with a little help from a knife to remove the tit that prevents the plug from being put in backward. Works like a charm! Bizarre but everything is now programmed and my door works great. Since the motor is DC simply reversing the polarity did the trick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here