Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Programming a Clicker to my Old Sears GDO

Posted by kensington (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 15:53

Hi, I bought a home with a Sears GDO Model #139.655000. I know its old... Well, there are no original remotes, just a hardwired open/close button on the wall of the garage. I bought a Clicker universal remote, but I can't get it to program. I set the dip switches inside the Clicker to the switches on the hard wired button, but still, it doesn't work. There is no smart button feature or any button except for reset on the actual unit. Any suggestions?? Thank you!!!
Kensington

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Programming a Clicker to my Old Sears GDO

The odds are the receiver in that unit quit working years ago. That opener as you know is very old and is not safe by todays standards. In addition to the code you set by the dip switches there is a radio frequency that must match. I would replace the entire thing.

o
RE: Programming a Clicker to my Old Sears GDO

Thanks Don. I kinda figured that's what I needed to do, but was hoping to avoid that since the unit still works well. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here