Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helen818

Liftmaster/chamberlin garage door opener...

helen818
17 years ago

Hello there, I have a Liftmaster/Chamberlin garage door opener model 1260 1/2HP.

It has been installed and working perfectly for 9 years or so, but in the last few months, I've noticed that there are problems closing the garage door. I have remotes in the cars and a controller on the wall inside the garage. I don't seem to have any problems opening the garage door using the remotes in the cars or using the controller on the wall. But when I try to use the remotes and even the controller on the wall, about 60%-70% of the time, the garage door will not close on the first attempt. And if I'm trying to close the garage door using my remotes in the cars (batteries are fine), I will have to try many times and most of the time it won't close, and I have to use the controller on the wall in the garage to close it. And even then sometimes I have to try MANY times before it closes. I was wondering if I may need to change the receiver logic boards? And if so is it possible for me to just order the logic boards and do it myself?

Any help advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)