Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liftmaster/chamberlin garage door opener...

Posted by helen818 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 07 at 13:51

Hello there, I have a Liftmaster/Chamberlin garage door opener model 1260 1/2HP.

It has been installed and working perfectly for 9 years or so, but in the last few months, I've noticed that there are problems closing the garage door. I have remotes in the cars and a controller on the wall inside the garage. I don't seem to have any problems opening the garage door using the remotes in the cars or using the controller on the wall. But when I try to use the remotes and even the controller on the wall, about 60%-70% of the time, the garage door will not close on the first attempt. And if I'm trying to close the garage door using my remotes in the cars (batteries are fine), I will have to try many times and most of the time it won't close, and I have to use the controller on the wall in the garage to close it. And even then sometimes I have to try MANY times before it closes. I was wondering if I may need to change the receiver logic boards? And if so is it possible for me to just order the logic boards and do it myself?

Any help advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liftmaster/chamberlin garage door opener...

Oh, can someone tell me how much it may cost to replace the logic boards? I believe there are 2 in the opener assembly, am I correct?

Thank you

o

Does your opener have sensors in the doorway? If so, make sure they are pointed directly at one another and the small light on each one is one and not blinking. There is one logic board and I think they retail for about $80.00. A 9 year old opener isn't worth that expense.

o

Hi don 1 2006,

I have checked to make sure that my 2 sensors are pointed directly at one another and the light on each one is ON solid, not blinking.... any other suggestions?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here