Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quick help needed - painting garage floor

Posted by herus (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 13:08

The house we are buying is about 13 years old. The garage has seen its share of spills and other mishaps, but really not too bad except for a major oil leak over the past couple of years.

As the home is now vacant (renters moved out) the owner has given us access in order to paint the garage. We went to HD last week and decided to do some sort of epoxy.

On Saturday, we washed and cleaned with Behr 990 degreaser. Got the actual oil off though marks remain.

On Sunday, we primed with the Behr concrete Bonding Primer, no 880.

Today/tomorrow, the plans WERE to start painting using Behr Concrete and Garage Floor Paint (1-Part Epoxy) But I decided to check into the forums and am reading that this may not be such a desirable way to do it. Have not purchased it yet.

We are running short on time and need to do this this week, preferably starting today. Any suggestions for a reasonably durable and attractive alternative, or is the Behr product ok in general? I realize it is not the same as a pro job but that is not what I am looking for (or to pay for).

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here