Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lnhardin

Need alternative to metal building.

lnhardin
13 years ago

I've posted this question in the "Building a Home" forum also, but I tought there might be some answers here.

We recently finished our new home and moved in. The house is in a semi rural area - 20 acres of woods, pond and meadows. We do have neighbors down the road. We worked really hard to design a home that would not "stick out". We ended up with a craftsman style of stone and cedar siding that looks like it is part of the scenery. Colors are browns, greens and the stone. The house almost looks like it "grew" in the location.

Now hubby wants a building/shed for the lawn tractor and other tools. That's fine with me except he is planning on a metal building, 1500 sq ft (30'x50') that is 16 feet high! (In case he needs the space).I am picturing our graceful, lovely organic home next to a very large metal box. Eeek!

I think I may have him talked down in size by half, but it will still be a metal box. I need options to bring to the table. Does anyone have other options for a storage building that doesn't look like an airplane hangar?

Comment (1)