Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water tank for unheated garage

Posted by mike8149 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 18, 07 at 10:52

I posted this on the tool shed form and just now realize it probably should of been on this form. I have a unheated detached garage and rather than run a water line I want to install a 35gal water tank above my rafters. The ceiling is 9' and the truss's will support the weight. The plan is to gravity feed a laundry tub faucet for occassional water for plants etc, nothing heavy duty. Has anyone done this? Can you please give me your feedback? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water tank for unheated garage

Unheated garage in North Dakota or Florida? If it gets below freezing where you are, the pipes can freeze. Guess you could drain it for the Winter.
How were you going to get the water into the tank?
Ron

o

Thanks Ron,

I have a faucet about 125' away and was planning on filling the tank every 3 or 4 weeks. The main purpose will be for watering plants, washing hands etc. I live in Illinois and freezing possibilities are anywhere from around Dec to April so I'll just drain it during that time frame as I'm not in the garage anyway and do not need water. My main interest is to make sure I have enough gravity to produce adequate water pressure.

o

The tanks above the sink. Water will come out enough to fill a watering can. I don't know how much pressure you want.
Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here