Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrplatts

Garage/workshop

mrplatts
18 years ago

So, in my new house I've pretty much decided that the ballet that I have to go through to wedge my car in the garage is too much effort. There is more than enough driveway to go around. & the street is a cul-de-sac\, so parking is a non-issue for now.

This gives me free reign of the garage to convert it into a nice workshop / storage space for all of my gear.

I spent the last few days undoing the previous owner's seeming fascination with banging (now rusty) nails into stuff. I'm pretty sure this was their solution to all storage needs. Bang a nail into the wall and hang someting on it. (are you supposed to nail straight into the mortar between the concrete block??) I saw this more as a tetanus risk than anything else.

There was some step-cracking from previous shifting (fixed with wall anchor system) It has been "fixed" with caulk & then painted over. I think this should be properly fixed with mortar. I've also got a ton of holes to fix in the garage after my nail-pulling session.

Would you go to the effort of pulling out the caulk and cleaning up the cracks and fixing them or just say "to hell with it, it's a garage."

Comments (2)