Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garage door stalling, track bending

Posted by wakko (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 10:14

Video attached here

At first i thought it was just because the garage door was not oiled, so i oiled up the screw drive and while quieter, it still stops up at the same exact place everytime. What else could it be or what do i need to check for? I looked at the safety sensors and it always stays solid so i don't think that's an issue.

Here is a link that might be useful: garage door

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garage door stalling, track bending

The problem is not with the opener.
It looks like the door itself, probably the bottom, is hitting an obstruction, or perhaps a roller mechanism has failed.
To locate the problem, release the GDO arm from the door, and lower the door manually.

o

The door is slightly crooked, like one side is higher than the other. any easy way to adjust this? Also where the GDO attaches to the arm it's looks like there is plenty of space
I-*-I
* represents where the arm connects to, if it's on the left side it looks to pull the door in the center, if its in the middle or right it pulls the GDO off center.

o

You need to call a door repairman before anymore damage is done.

o

can you explain to me what's wrong with it?

o

You would need to see the entire door not just the portion you showed. Have you tried releasing the door like Randy suggested? It is definitely a door problem and not the opener although the opener is taking a beating with your continued operating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here