Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on sealing garage

Posted by jason91230 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 9:46

I need advice on sealing my garage floor. The only reason I am doing this is because I have a finished basement area directly under the garage floor. Before it was finished, we would get rust marks on the metal tray frame that served as the ceiling under the garage. We'd also get little rust drop marks on the floor of the basement which obviously means water was getting through the floor below.

I dont care about looks or anything like that. I just dont want any water to stain my new ceiling under the garage.

The garage is in 4 pads that were not caulked until recently so that probably had a lot to do with the water getting through but I want to seal the whole floor to be sure.

I've heard I can use Seal Krete Clear Seal or some type of epoxy paint. What is the best solution for not allowing any water to get through?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on sealing garage

Sealer is to seal up the pores of the concrete to protect the concrete itself, but it doesn't make the concrete watertight. You need to find all cracks and caulk them up, then use a masonry/concrete waterproofing like DryLok (available at HD and Lowes).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here