Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
missing car remote

Posted by kitkat_2007 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 07 at 7:29

I have a craftman 3/4 HP opener and can not find the instructions. I need to change the the settings on the car remotes due to one being missing from my sons car - we have two others. How do I go about resetting the other two? Thanks for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: missing car remote

It depends. You can erase the memory of the receiver by locating the smart/learn button on the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and hold this button for 6 seconds and then release. Neither of your remotes should work at this time and neither will the missing remote. Now you need to program the remotes by pressing and holding the button on the remote while you press and immediately release the smart/learn button. Do this for each of them. Here is where the catch comes in. If your missing remote had exactly the same code as one of the two remaining it will also open your door now. The only way to eliminate any possibility is to buy all new remotes erase the memory as above, program the new remotes and never again use one of the old ones.

o

Don,
I also have a programming issue with my 139.53677SRT1 and have read many of your posts. Great help by the way.
Just tried your programming steps (Hold the button on the remote and then push quickly the LEARN button) but the LED on the GDO lit steady for 5 seconds then went off and the programming did not happen. Any other idea?.
Thanks a lot for all your posts.

o

charlie I answered your post above. I'm now perplexed. It now sounds like the logic board. I hope you have a friend or neighbor you can experiment with.

o

Kitkat,

You need to just push the learn button down and release & the amber led will lite next to the button. You then get about 30 secs to push the desired button on the hand remote. The light will flash twice when programmed. It's programmed. Do the same the other remotes to program them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here