Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door opener question

Posted by jdwhealton (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 08 at 5:53

Hi folks...this is my first post here. I purchased two headaches yesterday.....used model 41A4315-6P's (1998...1/2HP). I wanted to use them for my animal gate controllers here at the house, BUT I can't get either one to work. I've never had an opener that required sensor inputs...so, I need to know if there is a way to fool terminals 2 and 3 (white and black) so that a momentary on 1 and 2 will cause the darn things to operate.

What they are both doing now is: when I first plug them in....green LED blinks on/off occasionally, then short 1-2: unit clicks, green button LED goes into cycles of 5, light bulb flashes a few times then steady for a period, and the motor does nothing. I have jumpered 2-3 AND left it open with the same result. Both units are doing the same exact thing. I do not have remotes for these. I removed the covers and everything looks good...all internal wiring is intact and connected. So...just what is it looking for on 2 and 3 in order for the motor to operate ?? Also tried holding 1-2 connection for a period and nothing more happened.

Thanks for your help......jd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door opener question

oops...model 139.53650SRT

o

You cannot bypass the sensors. They must be connected and working.

o

If they're electrical (and they are) and supply a modified signal through resistance, capacitance, or whatever...then the opener can be fooled. I just don't know what it's looking for on 2 and 3. If I had a schematic...wouldn't be a problem for me.

Also, there is a pop-off plate on the rear of the unit that has a two wire plug on the back side of it. Anyone know what this is for? jd

o

There must be a forum somewhere with all the guys trying to defeat those sensors. Good luck. Actually what it's looking for is a signal supplied by an infra-red beam from the sending sensor to the receiving sensor. The tried and true way of supplying that signal is by the sensors.

o

Hi jd, the gdo's are not headaches, a seller who sold them to you w/o the sensors they need to work is.

No offence, but if you are experienced and skilled enough to make an informed analysis of the need for the sensors, you should be able to figure out what the board needs to see at white and black.

Or you could just get 2 sets of sensors and be done with it.

BTW, why would you think a moving gate with no sensors is any safer than amoving door with no sensors? Those snesors have ben in use since 1993 for good reason.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here