Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdwhealton

Craftsman Garage Door opener question

jdwhealton
16 years ago

Hi folks...this is my first post here. I purchased two headaches yesterday.....used model 41A4315-6P's (1998...1/2HP). I wanted to use them for my animal gate controllers here at the house, BUT I can't get either one to work. I've never had an opener that required sensor inputs...so, I need to know if there is a way to fool terminals 2 and 3 (white and black) so that a momentary on 1 and 2 will cause the darn things to operate.

What they are both doing now is: when I first plug them in....green LED blinks on/off occasionally, then short 1-2: unit clicks, green button LED goes into cycles of 5, light bulb flashes a few times then steady for a period, and the motor does nothing. I have jumpered 2-3 AND left it open with the same result. Both units are doing the same exact thing. I do not have remotes for these. I removed the covers and everything looks good...all internal wiring is intact and connected. So...just what is it looking for on 2 and 3 in order for the motor to operate ?? Also tried holding 1-2 connection for a period and nothing more happened.

Thanks for your help......jd

Comments (5)